Another interesting and at times difficult year for our bees, with an early start to the season soon followed very quickly for the need to feed due to lack forage, due again to unseasonal weather conditions through the spring and summer. We are hoping that many of you will have a good honey yield and will be keen to show other members not only your Bees’ hard work but also yours.
We hope that you are considering putting in an entry to this year's Honey Show on Saturday 19th October 2019, which will be held at :
If you are not entering an exhibit, you are very welcome to come along to see the exhibits and/or listen to the talk by David Bonner looking at disease and exotic pests, and how we manage these within our apiaries and Bee communities.
The programme for the afternoon is as follows:
- 9.30-2.00pm Setting up tables and entrants setting out exhibits in main hall
- 2.00-4.00pm judging in main hall
- 2.00-3.30 pm Talk and demonstration on the eco friendly uses off the by-products of our bees, in the sitting room.
- Tea + cakes as donated by our members.
- 4.00–4.30pm Award feedback in the main hall from our Judge.
- 4.30–5.15pm Open House for entrants and members to inspect exhibits.
- 5.30–6.00pm Clear away.
If you are unable to join us for the whole afternoon, you are more than welcome to join us for tea and cake or to look at the exhibits of our members.
Family and friends are very welcome. It is always nice to have the opportunity to share the spoils of our handiwork.
You can download the entry form and schedule here which you can email to me showing your entries, I will then send you labels for your entries.
Please make sure you follow exactly the Schedule judging criteria for your entries as there have been some changes this year.
Hope to see you all on the 19th October.
Honey Show Secretary